Camping at the 2013 Farm Progress Show
Plenty of options for campers who head for the Decatur event.
RV and camper parking are available at this year's Farm Progress Show, west of the show grounds, north of Richland Community College. There is no fee to park and no facilities are provided. The grounds open to camper and RV parking after 12 noon on Monday, August 26, 2013. Please follow signs and parking attendants to be directed to the appropriate parking area.
Several sites offer camping and RV parking. For more information, contact these campgrounds or businesses directly:
Decatur-Macon County Fairgrounds located approximately 10 minutes from the show site. 25 RV sites with water and electricity for $20/night. Contact 217-875-0135.
Friends Creek Campground is located approximately 20 minutes from the show site at Cisco, Illinois (off I-72). There are 26 RV sites with electricity and 9 without electricity with a dump station and shower house. Water is available. Fees are $18.00 for electric sites and $12.00 for non-electric sites. Tent camping is permitted. For more information or for reservations call 217-423-7708. More information can also be found at maconcountyconservation.org
Clinton Lake is located approximately 30 minutes from Decatur in DeWitt, IL. Contact Clinton Lake State Recreation Area/Mascoutin at 217-935-8722 or make reservations online at reserveamerica.com
Weldon Springs is located approximately 30 minutes from Decatur in Clinton, IL. Contact Weldon Springs Park Office 217-935-2644 or make reservations online at reserveamerica.com
Other private campgrounds in the Clinton area are:
* Arrowhead Acres in Clinton 217-935-8442
* Green Acres in Lane 217-935-9015
* South Shore in Lane 217-935-8795
Lake Shelbyville is located approximately 30-45 minutes south of Decatur and has two state parks and five federal parks for camping. Call 217-774-2244 or visit their Web site at lakeshelbyville.com.
Lake Shelbyville also offers camping at these facilities:
* Arrowhead Campground - 217-756-8884
* Cardinal Campground - 217-774-5064
* Kaskaskia River Camp - 217-774-4721
* La Caille RV Park - 217-756-8846.
* Robin Hoods Woods - 217-774-4222
Springfield, located approximately 50 minutes from the show, has sites available. Go to visit-springfieldillinois.com for more information.
The Springfield area offers camping at these facilities:
* The Double J Campground & RV Park - 217-483-9998
* Illinois State Fair Campgrounds - 217-524-9894
* Lincoln's New Salem Campground - 217-632-4003
* Riverside Park Campground - 217-753-0630
* Sangchris Lake State Park- 217-498-9208
* Springfield KOA - 217-498-7002